German, school, education and training
For an overview of the German courses available, we recommend looking at the flyer “Deutsch lernen” (learn German). It is available on the education department’s website: language promotion and integration
Free German courses for newcomers
The Canton of Basel-Stadt finances a free German course of 80 lessons for newly arrived migrants in the first twelve months of their long-term stay (permit B). A personalised voucher will be given during the welcome talk at the Residents’ Registration Office.
Schools, education and training
- Information about the Swiss school system, daycare and day centres in the Canton of Basel-Stadt can be found on the education department’s website in nine languages. Various related publications are available here.
- The section of higher education institutions of the education department of Basel-Stadt offers an overview of study opportunities and further education and training.
- Information on choosing an occupation and careers advice.
- You can obtain information on scholarships from the office for education subsidies.
- For questions related to choosing an occupation, further education and training or reorientation, please contact Berufsberatung Basel (careers office Basel).
Early German promotion