Information centres, integration
- GGG Migration provides consultations in 13 languages on financial, legal and social topics.
- Migraweb provides helpful information and links for everyday Swiss life as well as online advice.
- In principle it is possible for family members (direct relatives or spouse) of persons living in Switzerland to move here (family reunification). The applicant’s nationality and residence status determine who (which family members) may request family reunification. You can find further information on our website “entry and residence”.
- You will find a centrally located contact point for families at Freien Strasse 35. Here you will be able to obtain all the information you need about childcare in daycare centres or in daycare families as well as support in your search for a suitable place.
- Furthermore, you can also receive advice from the parental counselling agency on topics such as breastfeeding, nutrition, development, growth, sleep, upbringing, care and health.
- For binational couples and families: legal and intercultural issues.
- Information especially for children and young people.
Other advisory centres
- For building permits and issues concerning the hospitality industry and entertainment events: building and hospitality industry inspectorate
- For budgeting and debts: plusminus
- For gender equality
- For tenancy disputes: Conciliation Board for Tenancy Matters
- For legal issues: Civil court of Basel-Stadt, Office of Economy and Labour (AWA) and Gesellschaft für das Gute und Gemeinnützige (GGG)
- For protection, housing and advisory services for women with or without children who are affected by domestic violence: Stiftung Frauenhaus (women’s refuge Basel)
- You can find other social institutions and support offerings at sozialesbs.ch